Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lampara ni Lola Meding (Grandmother's Lamp)


My "Lola Meding" would have this burning all night on top of my grandfather's vintage travel trunk. I can still smell the flame burning, hear her AM radio program in my head, see the dancing shadows of the curtain along the length of the huge capiz windows (and must I add the faint sensation of the mosquito net against my arm). I miss those summer nights when my cousin and I would sleep on the spare bed in Lola's bedroom and whisper to each other for hours while Lola did her evening rituals --vanity rituals, basically!
Rendered with a Graphite Pencil on 9.5x6 in. Acid-Free & Lignin-Free medium weight drawing paper. I don't have to deal with ballpoint pens and scratch papers anymore!!! My friend Mo wanted it so bad I gave it to her. It's alright, she's pretty much gotten my breakfasts covered all the time! (Sausage and egg muffins at work) I'll just make another one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails